Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Graduation Day

"We take back everything we said about youuuuu." I promise that hasn't been stuck in my head for the past three days.
Anyway, I graduated from high school this past Sunday! I really cannot tell you how absolutely ecstatic I am to finally be able to move on. Most people cry at least once, begin to hyperventilate before they get their diploma on stage, and run around hugging everyone goodbye. But not me! I practically trotted to grab my diploma right out of Mrs. Harvison's hands and was so antsy I could barely contain myself enough to not run right out of the River Center that very second. When we were finally allowed to proceed out for the hat throwing, it began raining, but no one seemed to care. Most people picture rain as a
gloomy sort of setting, but this time, it took on a different light, literally. The sun was still out, so nothing was dark, and we all ran out into the middle of the square and pouring rain in our white dresses and gowns to toss our hats and worries to the sky. Such a liberating feeling swept over everyone in that one moment; you could feel the electric current of excitement connecting us all together. I don't think I'll ever forget that.

2 comments:

Hope Chella said...

CONGRATS!!!! Your life is just beginning and it will only get more exciting :) xoxo

Unknown said...

congratulations x